Report Abuse:

If you witness suspected cruelty/neglect to animals, call your local animal control agency as soon as possible or dial 9-1-1 if you’re unfamiliar with local organizations. Please see links below for contact info for each county. If you make a report of alleged animal cruelty, the responding agency is required to investigate.

If your area lacks the proper animal welfare agency and your local authorities are not equipped to deal with animal cruelty cases, you can also contact us (see online form below).

Be sure to document the case as well as you can with dates, times, specific details and, if possible, footage and photographs from a cell phone. All of these things can help appropriate agencies during any investigation.

It might also be helpful to know the laws in Michigan pertaining to cruelty/neglect. Please click on the “Michigan Animal Laws” links above under Resources for Law Enforcement. In a nutshell, Michigan law requires that equines be provided “sufficient food, water, shelter, sanitary conditions, exercise, and veterinary medical attention in order to maintain an animal in a state of good health.” – mcl 750.50

Michigan Sheriff Offices – Listed by County

Report Abuse to MHWC Note: before submitting this form, please make sure that any witnesses to alleged neglect/abuse have already contacted local law enforcement officials. The MHWC is happy to follow-up with law enforcement in urgent situations, or where law enforcement officials are not responsive. Photographic evidence, which can be emailed, is extremely helpful, if available.

Other info: HSUS Report Cruelty Tips